Present Perfect Tense
|Subject + Have + Verb 3 + ….Has|
a. Untuk menyatakan suatu perbuatan yang terjadi pada waktu lampau dan waktunya tidak tertentu.
William Shakespeare has written many short stories.
I have swept the floor. It looks clean now.
- Untuk menyatakan peristiwa yang pernah dilakukan dan mungkin dilakukan lagi di waktu yang akan datang.
My friends and I have gone to Bali.
Shinta has visited her grand parents many times.
KETERANGAN WAKTU: Since, for, just (baru saja), already, yet, so far.
Soal Present Perfect
- He (work) has been working in this company since 1985.
- I (wait) have been waiting for you since two o’clock.
- Mary (live) has been living in Germany since 1992.
- Why is he so tired? He (play) has been playing tennis for five hours.
- How long (learn / you) have you been learning English?
- We (look for) have been looking for the motorway for more than an hour.
- I (live) have been living without electricity for two weeks.
- The film (run / not) has not been running for ten minutes yet, but there’s a commercial break already.
- How long (work / she) has she been working in the garden?
- She (not / be) has not been in the garden for more than an hour.
Simple Present Tense
|Subject + Verb 1 + ….They / We
I / You
|Subject + Verb s-es + …. He / She
a. Untuk menyatakan suatu kebiasaan (habitual action) atau kegiatan yang terjadi berulang – ulang dan terus menerus.
The students go to school everyday.
She studies English twice a week.
I go to church on Sundays
We celebrate our independence day once in a year.
b. Untuk menyatakan kebenaran umum (general truth).
The sun rises in the east and sets down in the west.
The earth revolves round the sun.
The pineapple never grows up on a tree.
c. Digunakan dalam bahasa drama, komentar radio dan sejenisnya.
When the curtain rises, Juliet is writing on her desk. Suddenly the window opens and a masked man enters.
- Every morning/day/week/month/year
- Once, twice, three times, four times, …
- Adverb of frequency : always, usually, sometimes, often, never, seldom.
Soal Simple present
- I / to collect stamps - I collect stamps.
- We / to play card games – We play card games.
- He / to read comics – He reads comics.
- Chris / to sing in a band – Chris sing in a band.
- We / to have a hamster – We have a hamster.
- Andy and Jhon / to like cola – Andy and Jhon like cola.
- She / to be nice – She is nice.
- They / to help their parents – They help their parents.
- The children / to speak English – The children speak English.
- I / to buy a newspaper every Saturday – I buy a newspaper every Saturday.